Writing the Middle-Earth Challenge was fun, let's see what we can do with Harry Potter!
Heavily Recommended mods
- Children of Morrowind and Playable Children by Emma
- Sadrith Mora Academy of Magic by Princess Stomper. Obviously perfect: meet the teachers, live in your house dormitories and complete quests.
The first two are a requirement for the third
- Elemental Magicka by NMZmaster. Amazing spells to go with your house's prefered element, includes Earth spells, much needed for a Hufflepuff playthrough.
- Magicka Expanded by OperatorJack, adds many new spells, some new spell effects.
- Mastering Magicka by Dopey. A very interesting overhaul of magicka: it regenerates based on your skills, casting spells tires you (fatigue loss), wearing armour hinders you spellcasting ability...
Win Conditions: in this order
- Find the Philosopher's Stone (Azua's Star)
- Find the Chamber of Secret and defeat the Basilisc (Menta Na)
- Free the Prisoner of Azkaban (New-Shoes Bragor)
- Win the Goblet of Fire (the Bitter Cup)
- Find an ancient prophecy (Apographa: Kagrenac's Tools and Nerevar at Red Mountain)
- Collect the Deathly Hallows (Staff of Hasedoki, Soul Ring, Robe of the Lich)
- Kill Voldemort (Dagoth Ur)
- If you have installed Sadrith Mora Academy of Magic, complete its quests.
- Achieve the highest rank in the Mages Guild.
- See my Mage Guide for more goal ideas and more mods suited for the mage.
Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. Its colours are scarlet and gold. Gryffindor corresponds to the element of Fire.
- Crusader class
- Chaotic Good
- Favour Red and Yellow clothing
- Fire spells (damage and weakness to)
Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. Its colours are blue and bronze. Ravenclaw corresponds to the element of air.
- Mage class
- Favour blue and bronze clothing
- Shock spells (damage and weakness to)
Hufflepuff values hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play. Yellow and Black are its colours. Hufflepuff corresponds to the element of earth.
- Healer class
- Lawful Good
- Favour yellow and black clothing
- Earth Spells: Burden and feather (gravity related)
Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. Its colours are emerald green and silver. Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water.
- Sorcerer class
- Lawful evil
- Favour green and silver clothing
- Frost and poison spells (damage and weakness to)
- Azua's Star: Find the Shrine of Azura on the southeast shore of Vvardenfell,
- Menta Na is a unique Daedroth deep inside of Kora-Dur, east of Kogoruhn.
- New-Shoes Bragor: Pelagiad Fort jail
- Bitter Cup in Ald Redaynia.
- Kagrenac's Tools and Nerevar at Red Mountain: Vivec Palace
- Staff of Hasedoki: Carried by Koffutto Gilgar in the Gimothran Ancestral Tomb, which is due west of Wolverine Hall.
- Soul Ring worn by Dagoth Araynys, who resides in the caverns of Mamaea
- Robe of the Lich: Gedna Relvel's Tomb in Old Mournhold.
- Dagoth Ur: Heart of the Red Mountain, Dagoth Ur ruin.