Here's another role-playing challenge born of a (short-lived) permadeath character.
This challenge comes in two flavours: vanilla and modded
Chargen and handicaps
Race: Argonian or Khajiit
The vast majority of slaves are either Khajiit or Argonian with a few notable exceptions.
Class: Farmer, Miner, Pauper, Slave
Most slaves are either miners or farmers, some are sold as brides, try clothes on and die, work in kitchens, etc. Naturally, you have the ultimate choice when it comes to class, just try to stay away from anything too epic: years of slavery would have left your fighting and spell-casting pretty diminished. And you know, we want a challenge and a class you would not normally play ;)
Those classes exist in the game but are not playable without a mod. Create a custom class to re-create those. You could allow yourself one different skill to reflect your past prior to being a slave.
- Your class
- Racist against Dunmers: With the exception of House Hlaalu and the Thieves' Guild with whom you share common interests, you simple do not want anything to do with Dunmers (other than killing them, I guess). You do not trade with them, you do not take order from them, heck, you don't talk to them.
- Cannot leave a cave unexplored: there might be slaves to free, and slavers to punish.
Better with mods!
- All Classes Playable by Oxinabox1 unlocks evert vanilla class and adds a description to them.
If you have Tamriel Rebuilt, go for Playable NPC Classes by Atrayonis as it also unlocks all the classes from Tamriel Rebuilt.
- Nerevarine Unchained by Gavrilo93 and Caeris: a mod that lets you start the game as a slave. You will need to find a way to escape before anything else.
- Merlord's Character Background: Pick the escaped slave background, no perks, just a chance of being hunted down. Immersive!
Goal 1: Destroy the Camonna Tong
Join both House Hlaalu and the Thieves Guild. Their quest lines both culminate with the death of a certain Kingpin. Additionally, do talk to Larrius Varo in Fort Moon moth as soon you get hear about him in Balmora.
- Free Hides-His-Foot
- Dealing with Orvas Dren
- The Brothers Ienith
- Ahnassi, a Special Friend
- Larrius Varro Tells a Little Story
Hunting them down
There are 30 Camonna Tong members total and you will find them in these locations:
- Dren Plantation
- Gnaar Mok
- Hla Oad
- Sadrith Mora
- Vivec, Hlaalu Canton
Goal 2: Free the Slaves
In Vivec: Ilmeni Dren and Jobasha
In Hla Oad: Fatleg dropoff
In the middle of nowhere: Molag Amur Region:
Better with mods!
Strike At The Camonna Tong by ProfArmitage
Complete Larrius Varo's quest and then speak to Thieves’ Guild leaders: they will gladly point the way to heinous Camonna Tong members for you to kill.
Free The Slaves by Caeris
In Morrowind, not all slaves have a key, with this mod, you may either use the key, an open spell, or a lockpick to remove the slaves' bracers. Cherry on top, compatible with the following mod...
Twin Lamps Mod by Brother Juniper
The most fleshed out quest mod for the Twin Lamps, that even offers multiple paths.
Twin Lamps and Slave Hunters by Nevena, updated by l1lartur0
An excellent mod sadly not compatible with Caeris’ mod. It allows the player to free the slaves and bring them to safehouses. You can also choose to bring them to slavers for cash. The mod also adds a couple of classes, notably freedom fighter that fits nicely for this challenge.
GMST Menu by Merlord
fDispRaceMod from 5 to 15: npcs of your own race like you a lot more
fDispPersonalityBase from 50 to 25: You are a lot less likeable despite your personality