Cliff Racers are ... tricky: we hate them but they are such an important part of the Morrowind experience that getting rid of them simply won't do.
There are a few mods out there that offer solutions: Make them all passive, insta-kill them or hunt them down to extinction
I prefer the latter but also felt that I should do something more make killing a cliffy more rewarding and fun.
Here's how I proposed to solve this riddle:
Lore: Cliffracers don't go away, they just learn to stay away.
Reward: New balanced loot
Immersive: the cliff racers are delevelled, meaning there is a slight chance you can encounter one much stronger, or weaker than you.
Fun: more variations of cliffies, both in looks and abilities.
I am rather pleased with the result: not more cliff racers but more varied cliff racers.
This mod adds new Cliff Racers to the game.
Why oh why would anyone do that, you ask.
Here's the loadown:
- there are 3 species of cliff racers now, they look different and fight differently (some are fast, some are tough, some have an ability that they may use once only)
- they have loot: meat (NOM, MC and TR) and feathers (of various quality) of course, but also arrows and daggers that have an enchantment based on the racer you've just killed (it mimicks the racers ability).
- the new cliff racers go from level 3 to 50 but you still have a slight chance to meet a racer much weaker than you, or much stronger.
- killing enough racers of each type (typically 15-20) will either remove the racer from the leveled list or replace them with a cautious cliff racer that won't attack you.
- you'll need to merge your levelled lists.
- cleaned with MEE and tes3cmd
- blighted cliff racers are automatically removed from leveled lists once you the know what kills the you know who.